Sustainable real estate is a fast-growing sector, driven by investors' growing environmental and social concerns. Indeed, investors are increasingly aware of the impact of their investments on the environment and society. Sustainable real estate offers a solution to these concerns, by proposing properties that are designed and built to reduce their environmental and social impact.
The sustainable real estate market is booming. According to the Observatoire de l'immobilier durable, the number of properties certified with an environmental performance label will increase by 20% by 2022. This trend is driven by several factors, including:
- The evolution of environmental regulationsThese require new buildings to meet increasingly stringent energy and environmental performance standards.
- Growing investor awareness of the importance of sustainability.
- Growing tenant demand for more environmentally-friendly properties.
Investing in sustainable real estate offers many advantages for both investors and tenants.
- Higher potential returns: durable properties are generally more profitable than non-durable ones. This is because they benefit from higher demand from tenants and investors.
- Greater liquidity: durable properties are more liquid than non-durable ones. In fact, they are easier to sell or rent.
- Improved brand image: investing in sustainable real estate enables investors to position themselves as responsible and environmentally conscious players.
- Energy savings: sustainable properties enable tenants to save energy, which translates into lower heating and electricity bills.
- Greater comfort: durable properties are generally more comfortable than non-durable ones, because they are better insulated and better ventilated.
- A positive impact on the environment: by renting a sustainable property, tenants contribute to protecting the environment.
Tips for investing in sustainable real estate
If you want to invest in sustainable real estate, here are a few tips:
- Find out about the different environmental performance labels. There are several labels certifying the environmental performance of buildings. Find out more about the different labels available so you can choose the one that best suits your needs.
- Call in a professional. A sustainable real estate professional will be able to advise you and help you find the property that meets your expectations.
- Invest for the long term. Sustainable real estate is a profitable long-term investment. Don't expect high returns immediately.
Investing in sustainable real estate is a fast-growing trend, offering numerous advantages for investors and tenants alike. It's a sustainable and profitable investment, enabling investors to position themselves as responsible and environmentally conscious players.